Celebrating the arrival of our newly renovated Birthing Center at Palos Community Hospital
Birthing Center Tour
For more information or to schedule a tour of Palos Hospital’s Birthing Center, register online or call (708) 226-2300.
At Palos, we believe families – not just babies – are born. To make your family’s stay as comfortable as possible, we have modernized our private birthing suites, family lounge and well-baby nursery.
“Our main objective has always been to provide safe, quality care to our patients, and having an updated facility goes a long way in ensuring our patients will be happy with the care they receive,” says Linda Celani, clinical nurse leader for Maternal Child.
An integral part of the birthing experiencing at Palos is our single-room maternity care. That means our moms never change rooms – labor, delivery, recovery and the postpartum stay all take place in the same private room. Single-room maternity care offers the best of both worlds – the comfort, privacy and pleasant décor of home combined with the safety and security of state-of-the-art medical equipment.
After delivery, the new parents experience the “Golden Hour,” a dedicated time for them to bond during the first hour of the newborn's life. “This gives the immediate family time to get acquainted with the baby before the rest of the family comes in to visit,” Linda explains. “It’s also a great time for a mom to have skin-to-skin contact with the baby and introduce breastfeeding.”
Babies stay with their moms in the private birthing suites, but can visit the well-baby nursery if mom needs some rest. “Having a nursery as an option is important. If a new mom is tired and wants to get a couple hours of sleep, we are here to help make that happen,” Linda says. “We are committed to providing a pleasant, memorable experience for the families who choose Palos.”
Our Birthing Center features:
- Newly renovated rooms with a rocking chair, sleeper sofa, flat-screen television and wireless internet providing the comforts of home
- Recently updated Family Lounge with a flat-screen television and wireless internet
- Multi-position birthing beds
- State-of-the-art monitoring technologies
- In-room infant care
- Well-baby nursery
- Lactation education and instruction
- Two dedicated modernized operating rooms adjacent to the Birthing Center for patients requiring cesarean sections
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit with on-call neonatologists
- 24/7 obstetrician care
- 24/7 anesthesiology care
- Open visiting hours
- Family-centered maternity education classes
- Bella Baby First Photo