Published on May 22, 2015
Avoiding Picnic Pitfalls in the Pursuit of Healthy Eating
Barbecues, graduation parties and picnics galore. You can still enjoy the festivities without it being a caloric nightmare. Take a look at these tips for avoiding the picnic pitfalls:
- Eat before going to a party, and make sure to get a balanced breakfast. It jumpstarts your metabolism for the entire day.
- Don’t sit or stand near the food tables. Being too close makes it much easier to graze and not even realize you are doing so.
- Use a smaller plate. Divide your plate, using one-half for salad or veggies, one-fourth for proteins and one-fourth for a low-carb side dish, but keep it minimal.
- Watch out for dessert; maybe have just a bite or two. You don’t have to have a huge piece of cake to feel satisfied.
- Stay hydrated. Always get eight glasses of water each day.
- Be aware of how many calories you are drinking.
- Be active. Try beanbags or play with the children.