Palos Health Cardiovascular Institute
Trust your heart care to the experts at Palos Health Cardiovascular Institute. We offer comprehensive cardiovascular services focused on preventing, diagnosing and treating heart-related diseases.
The Cardiovascular Institute is comprised of cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses, and technicians, all collaborating to offer patients a specific diagnosis and appropriate treatment regimens to facilitate optimal outcomes. We are dedicated to improving your quality of life. To get started, call the Cardiovascular Institute at 708.923.5300 today.
Heart Services and Treatments
Trust your cardiologist and other members of your care team for the medical and wellness services you need to protect and improve your health. We offer:
- Prevention and early detection to understand and lower your risk of heart disease, or detect it as early as possible
- Diagnosis through tests such as echocardiograms, electrocardiograms (EKGs), heart monitoring, and stress and exercise echocardiograms
- Treatment for heart conditions: heart rhythm abnormalities, heart attack, heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, post-COVID-19 care, respiratory conditions, and heart valve diseases
- Vascular services, specialized care of the blood vessels (arteries, capillaries, and veins)
- Interventional cardiology procedures to treat coronary artery blockages, and heart attack treatment
- Cardiac surgery, including coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) and open heart valve replacements
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and support
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Your Palos Health team will use the least invasive option whenever possible. This means if you have surgery, your physician will use advanced technology that can result in a faster recovery and reduced risk of pain and infection.
Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic
If you are living with heart failure, arrhythmia, or aortic stenosis, you may benefit from visiting the Palos Health Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic. Here you will meet with practitioners that can facilitate the management or treatment of your condition while working with your physician. The Palos Health Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic is located at Palos Hospital in the Cardiopulmonary testing area near our main entrance. Call 708.923.5300 for additional information. Visits to the Palos Health Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic are covered by most insurance policies. Please check with your provider to ensure your coverage.
Expect superior care in a setting designed with the needs of patients like you in mind. You may receive care in our:
- Cardiac catheterization lab, a special examination room with imaging equipment
- Cardiovascular unit, a dedicated floor in the hospital with advanced technology to treat patients with heart conditions
- Electrophysiology (EP) lab, a room with technology to study and correct abnormal heart rhythms
- Operating suites equipped for open heart surgeries and minimally invasive procedures
Inpatient Cardiac Care
Inpatient means you remain overnight in the hospital. For your comfort and the convenience of your visitors, you’ll stay in one room during your time at Palos Hospital. This approach, known as the “universal bed” model, is unique in our area.
Meet Your Care Team
At Palos Health, you’re the focus of an experienced team with a passion for providing the best possible care. Get to know the wide range of multidisciplinary experts you can count on for quality cardiovascular services.