If you and your physician determine that surgery is the best option for your heart, the cardiovascular surgeons at Palos Health are available to help you reach your best health outcome.
Select a quality hospital for your procedure while you stay close to home. You’ll be the focus of a team that successfully performs thousands of surgeries like yours every year.
Heart Surgery Procedures We Offer
The type of treatment you receive depends on your condition and other factors. Turn to Palos Health for:
- Aortic aneurysm repair, which fixes a weak spot in your largest artery
- Bentall’s procedure to replace your aortic valve along with repairing an aortic aneurysm
- Closure of patent foramen ovale (PFO), a hole in the heart present at birth
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) to divert blood flow around blocked arteries using healthy blood vessels taken from another part of your body
- Heart valve surgery, such as valve replacement or repair
- Placement of a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter defibrillator, a device that helps your heartbeat normally
- Maze procedure for atrial fibrillation, a type of arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)
Minimally Invasive Techniques
Whenever possible, your doctor will use minimally invasive techniques to perform your procedure. Instead of making one large incision, your surgeon will do your surgery using tiny incisions, small tools, and advanced technology. You’ll benefit from a faster healing time, with less risk of infection and other problems. Talk to your care team about your options.
What to Expect
Before your procedure, share your personal medical and surgical history with your providers. You must also give us a list of the current prescription and over-the-counter medications and supplements you take.
Rely on your surgeon and other members of your care team to explain:
- How to prepare for surgery, including what medications to take
- When and where your surgery will take place
- How your procedure will be performed and its risks and benefits
- What to expect after surgery
Get the care and support you need to heal after your procedure. Staff will closely monitor you after you leave the OR. Depending on your surgery, you may stay one or more nights in the hospital.
Your Hospital Stay
If you stay overnight at the hospital, you’ll appreciate our model of care, called cardiac universal bed. You’ll stay in the same comfortable room where your care team will visit and provide health services you need.
View patient and visitor policies, including visiting hours.
When You Go Home
After your procedure, our home health team is available to assist in your recovery if appropriate. Attend any scheduled follow-up appointments with your care team.
Rehabilitation & Support
Get help to heal and return to the life you love after surgery. Discover our cardiac rehabilitation program and wide range of supportive services. Call 708.923.5188 for additional information.