Look to the helpful team at the Palos Health Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic for ongoing care to manage heart and respiratory conditions. They are available to help you achieve optimal health. Call the Palos Health Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic at 708.923.5300.
Palos Health Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic
Your primary care provider, cardiologist, pulmonologist, or another provider may recommend the Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic if you have one or more of the following:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension caused by heart disease
Potential benefits of visiting the Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic
Helping you feel better is our top priority. Clinic staff may help you:
- Learn more about your condition and discover available treatment options
- Improve symptoms like shortness of breath, tiredness, weakness, and swelling
- Feel empowered to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Avoid emergencies or complications that could lead to hospitalization
- Navigate additional resources for possible treatment
What to Expect
Receive personalized help from knowledgeable, compassionate providers who get to know you. Bring your current medications with you to each visit.
Depending on your needs, you may receive:
- Action plans to set and meet your goals during the program and make progress while at home
- Help to reach or maintain a healthy weight
- Onsite lab tests
- Medication information from a clinical pharmacist
- Nutrition counseling from a registered dietitian
- One-on-one education about your condition
- Physical assessments to monitor your health
- Six-minute walk test, which measures how far you can walk at your normal pace for six minutes to determine your heart and lung health
- Treatments at the time of your visit
Fluid Overload Care
If you have heart failure, too much fluid in the body could cause serious health problems and uncomfortable symptoms. When you visit the clinic, your care team may give you medication intravenously (through an IV) or orally (by mouth) to help treat fluid overload. Rely on our staff to help you learn how to prevent fluid overload.
Asthma and COPD Monitoring
If you have a lung condition, your visit to the clinic may include peak flow monitoring, which measures how fast you can breathe out, and a pulmonary function test (spirometry), which measures how well the lungs work, as well as other testing options.
How to Find the Clinic
Visit the Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic at Palos Hospital in the Cardiopulmonary Department area near the main entrance.
Get the most benefit possible thanks to our well-rounded approach to your care. Depending on your needs, your treatment plan may also include specialized services such as:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Edema management
- Home health visits
- Nephrology (kidney) care
- Palliative care to improve quality of life and lessen symptoms
- Pulmonology (lung) care, including respiratory rehabilitation
Count on our staff to also recommend community resources that may benefit you. Call the Palos Health Heart & Lung Wellness Clinic at 708.923.5300.