Are you affected by the substance abuse or addiction issues of someone close to you? Get the tools and education you need at the SMART Recovery Family & Friends Group.
Adapted from SMART Recovery and the principles of evidence-based CRAFT (Community Reinforcement and Family Training) approach, the Family & Friends group will:
- Provide skills and training for those affected by the substance abuse/addictions of someone close to them
- Discuss how to increase the likelihood of recovery for the addicted individual
- Explore ways participants can better look after themselves, even in difficult and stressful circumstances
- Help attendees establish healthier relationship with their loved one
- Offer a supportive group environment comprised of people sharing similar experiences
This is a free group led by trained facilitators.
This group meets most Thursdays from 6 - 7 p.m. at the Palos Health South Campus, Building C, suite 313.