- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- General Surgery
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, General Surgery
- Grand Rapids Medical Education Program, Colon & Rectal Surgery Fellowship
Imad Qayyum is a general and colorectal surgeon. He is trained in the use of robotic technology for minimally-invasive colorectal surgery.
With an acute awareness of the emotional and physical toll that surgery can have on individuals, Dr. Qayyum works to relieve any unnecessary stress by making communication a priority. “Having surgery is a big deal and patients often have multiple doctors caring for them during this process,” he said. “The key to success is communication amongst the entire multidisciplinary care team. I embrace this concept. Not only do I try to optimize communication with my patients, I also make communication with this entire care team a priority."
Dr. Qayyum earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. He completed his residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, where he was chosen as the “Outstanding Resident of the Year” and served as the chief resident in his final year. He completed his colorectal fellowship at the Ferguson Clinic in Grand Rapids, MI.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Qayyum, please call 708.923.4400.
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Chief Resident, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Dept. of Surgery, 2015-2016
- Outstanding Resident of the Year, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, 2015