Choosing Behavioral Health Services
When you explore options for behavioral health services at Palos Health, you start on the path to feeling better. Stay on the road to recovery by getting guidance from our compassionate, professional treatment providers, who provide the comprehensive approach you need to make the most of your life.
Providing Well-Rounded Care
Your needs may include one-on-one counseling, group therapy, medical care or referrals to community resources. That’s why you get access to Palos’ multidisciplinary team of experts throughout the Chicagoland area, including:
- Clinical social workers
- Occupational therapists
- Advanced practice nurses
- Licensed Professional Counselors
Using Proven Therapeutic Techniques
Your therapist is committed to using treatment methods that evidence shows can help you relieve your symptoms. Depending on your needs, you may participate in:
- Substance use treatment – Helps you recover from substance abuse or addiction
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – Identifies ways to improve your thought patterns, so you cope better with life’s stressors
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy – Assists you in preventing depression and anxiety
- Family therapy – Fosters healthy, satisfying personal relationships
- Motivational interviewing – Explores and builds on your reasons for pursuing change
- Sensory interventions – Help you calm yourself using music, images and other tools
- Mindfulness-based meditation
Building a Partnership
At Palos, you help chart your course toward a more rewarding, productive life. Turn to us as a partner who assists you in determining your needs, overcoming obstacles and making positive changes. Your therapist will help you feel comfortable discussing your concerns.
Support From Your Loved Ones
You’ll find it easier to take steps that enrich your life when you get support from your loved ones. That’s why we may ask about family members or close friends who could participate in your treatment plan. We’ll help you identify people who’d improve your outcome.