You need specialized care when you experience both a substance abuse disorder and a mental health condition—also called co-occurring disorders. Choose Palos Health for assistance reducing the symptoms of mental illness and recovering from addictions.
Facing Co-occurring Disorders
Dealing with co-occurring disorders takes the complexity and challenges of a behavioral health disorder to a whole other level. Read more.
Substance Use Disorders & Mental Health
If you’re among the millions of American adults who experience co-occurring disorders, you might self-medicate with drugs or alcohol to numb symptoms of anxiety, depression or another behavioral health issue.
Or, substance use may trigger your symptoms of mental health conditions.
No matter the reason for your behavioral health conditions, ongoing support from skilled health care professionals gives you the best chance of overcoming your symptoms.
Collaborative Approach to Treatment
At Palos, our team will work with you to develop a care plan tailored to you.
Your Tools for Success
Co-occurring disorders affect almost every aspect of your life, so effective treatment cares for your whole self. Choose Palos for well-rounded services that may help you accomplish some or all of the following:
- Withdraw from all drugs and alcohol in a safe, supportive environment
- Avoid situations that might lead to relapse
- Motivate yourself to practice healthy habits
- Learn coping skills to improve your mood and function.
- Develop an effective medication plan.
- Get the most out of 12-step programs and community support groups.
- Build more supportive relationships.
- Develop a healthier lifestyle.
Treatment at Palos Health
To learn more about our services, call 708-460-2721.