Intensive Outpatient Programs/Partial Hospital Program
To learn more about our Partial Hospital Program or Intensive Outpatient Programs, call 708-460-2721.
Palos Health's Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Programs, for psychiatric, substance use or co-occurring disorders, are structured outpatient programs that offer even more support than traditional outpatient treatment. For those needing more intensive treatment, consider our Partial Hospital Program.
Starting Intensive Outpatient Care
Ask a Palos behavioral health expert if intensive outpatient care is right for you. After assessing your symptoms and health history, we may recommend an intensive outpatient program that focuses on:
- Mental health – Depression, anxiety or another condition that disrupts your thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Substance use disorders – Drug or alcohol use or addiction
- Co-occurring disorders – Mental health conditions that occur along with substance use
Group Therapy: Your Foundation for Treatment
During intensive outpatient care, you’ll join groups that meet regularly for therapy and are tailored to each individual patient’s needs. A Behavioral Health specialist leads the meetings, which provide a safe, structured, supportive environment for you to:
- Build coping skills
- Discover ways to productively express your wants and needs
- Explore how to maintain good personal relationships
- Find out how your peers manage their condition
- Gain conflict-resolution and problem-solving abilities
- Get constructive feedback on how others relate to you
- Motivate yourself to practice healthy habits
- Receive and give encouragement
- Learn about your condition
- Get validation from others who share your experience
Partial Hospital Program
Palos Health's Partial Hospital Program is a full-day program, which takes place at the Palos Health South Campus in Orland Park, allows you to live at home while benefiting from intensive behavioral health care. You may begin behavioral health treatment with partial hospitalization, or use our program as an excellent follow-up to inpatient care. Make us an integral part of your care plan, and get help achieving your life goals.
Partial Hospital Options
You’ll take part in one of two tracks in Palos’ partial hospital program:
- Psychiatric – Helps you recover from only mental health conditions, such as depression, bipolar disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Co-occurring disorder – For those who need treatment for both behavioral health disorders and substance use issues.
In either track, you’ll spend time daily in several therapy groups led by a supportive behavioral health specialist. You’ll build problem-solving and coping skills, get encouragement, discover how to cope with stress and learn healthy ways of relating to your peers. Individual counseling and family therapy also will help you feel better and improve your relationships.
After getting care at Palos each day, return to the comfort of your home.