Cardiac Services & Treatments
From diagnosis and treatment through rehabilitation and recovery, learn how Palos Health can help. Recognized for outstanding cardiac care, we put you and your heart first.
Take care of your heart with the help of our expert cardiovascular team. Call 708.226.2300 to find a heart specialist, schedule a consultation or learn more about heart care at Palos Health.
A Range of Treatment Options
When you choose Palos for heart care, you’re part of a collaborative team completely focused on your health and well-being. We work with you to assess your condition to allow your physician to provide the treatment options that fit you—whether they’re lifestyle changes, medications, interventional cardiology procedures or open heart surgery.
Quality Heart Care
Stay close to home while receiving care from a skilled and experienced clinical staff, who use the same advanced services and equipment you’d find at a major hospital or academic medical center. We’re the only facility in Chicago’s southwest suburbs with a hybrid operating room designed to improve your safety during peripheral vascular angiograms. And you’ll appreciate our model of care—called cardiac universal bed—that brings your care team and services to you while you enjoy the comfort of staying in the same room throughout your hospital stay.
Exceptional Cardiac Surgeons
If your personal treatment plan calls for surgery, rest assured you’re in good hands. The exceptional cardiac surgeons who practice at Palos perform thousands of procedures each year. That translates to experience you can trust.
Comprehensive Heart & Vascular Services
Take advantage of our full spectrum of diagnostic and treatment options for your heart and blood vessels.
Screening & Diagnostic Tools
Request an appointment today for one of these outpatient procedures.
- Fractional flow reserve – Measures blood flow through clogged arteries to determine need for angioplasty and/or stenting to open clogged heart arteries
- Intravascular Ultrasound – Provides detailed information about blockages within the blood vessels
- Optical Coherence Tomography – Obtains high-resolution images of blood vessels providing your physician with details on the plaque inside the artery
- Percutaneous Intervention – Widens a narrowed artery, which may include a stent to help keep the artery open -- this can be an artery in the heart, legs or other arteries
- Balloon angioplasty – Widens a blocked or narrowed artery with a tiny balloon
- Stents – Hold arteries open to improve blood flow
- Radial access angiography – Looks inside your arteries using a catheter inserted through your wrist
- Electrophysiology studies – Threads thin wires through a vein into your heart to check for arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Radiofrequency ablation – Eliminates heart tissue that makes your heart beat irregularly
- Cardioversion procedures – Treat atrial fibrillation by using electrical current to restore your heart’s natural rhythm
- Pacemaker or implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD) – Places a device into your chest to send electrical signals to the heart to make the muscle beat normally
- Biventricular pacemaker for resynchronization therapy – Designed for patients with severe heart failure
- Loop recorders – Records your heart’s rhythm over long periods of time using an insertable cardiac monitor
- Coronary bypass – Diverts blood flow around blocked arteries
- Endoscopic vessel harvesting – Removes healthy blood vessels from your leg or arm to create a graft, or new channel, around clogged arteries
- MAZE procedures – Treat atrial fibrillation by blocking abnormal electrical signals to your heart
- Minimally invasive techniques for mitral valve replacement or repair
- Aortic valve replacement or repair
Diagnostic Services in Orland Park
Click here to see a detailed list of cardiac services available at the Palos Health South Campus.
After your heart surgery, our Home Health team is ready to help monitor you and assist in your recovery. Palos Health's Home Health program offers a comprehensive range of services to help you recover to from your heart procedure.
Keep Your Heart Healthy
After cardiac surgery or a serious heart condition, you’ll benefit from Palos’ extensive cardiac rehabilitation program—supervised by medical professionals—to help you get back to the life you love as quickly and safely as possible.
What’s your best first step to good heart health? Preventing heart and vascular disease before it starts!