Palos Hospice Services
Palos Hospice Services provides a model for quality compassionate care throughout the area for a patient facing life-limiting illness. Hospice care can take place in the patient’s home, nursing home, assisted living facility or our inpatient unit, for those who qualify. Hospice is not a place but rather an overall approach to end-of-life care. Hospice is not a medical experience, but rather a life experience where the focus is on caring not curing.
Our team of professionals address symptoms of disease progression, with emphasis on alleviating a patient’s pain and discomfort. Call 630.257.1111 to learn more about our Hospice Services.
- Grief support for 13 months after death
- Support group for caregivers
- Medical equipment
- Medications for pain relief and symptom management
You Are Entitled to Four Levels of Hospice Care
Palos Hospice Services provides four levels of care throughout Chicago's southwest suburbs to help patients develop a plan that works best for their loved one and family.
- Routine hospice care at home, nursing home or assisted living facility (Always consult with social services regarding room and board coverage.)
- Inpatient short-term care for those who qualify
- Respite care in a nursing home
- Continuous care for those who qualify
Quality Hospice Care
Our hospice is state licensed, Medicare and Medicaid certified and accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s largest health care accrediting agency.
How Do I Learn More About Hospice?
When a patient is considering hospice care, a meeting with one of our team members can be scheduled to discuss questions and concerns in person.
Most Insurance Plans Cover Hospice
Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance plans cover hospice care. Review your plan or call your insurance company to verify your coverage.