Hospice Care Team & Family's Role
You can count on our team of professionals to partner with you and your loved one to address symptoms of disease progression, with an emphasis on alleviating a patient’s pain and discomfort.
Hospice Care Team
Your Palos hospice care includes a number of specialists to help with your or your loved one's care:
- Hospice medical director
- Nurse to manage symptoms and coordinate care
- Certified nurse assistant for personal care
- Social worker for resource planning and emotional support to patient and family
- Chaplain for spiritual support
- Registered dietitian offers nutritional support
- Massage therapy to assist with comfort
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy as needed to enhance safety and quality of life
- Specially trained volunteers for companionship
Family’s Role in Hospice Care
In many cases, a family member serves as the primary caregiver making decisions on behalf of the patient, as appropriate. A nurse and other members of the care team will instruct and empower the family and caregivers on how to manage the patient’s care at home.
Visit frequency is at the discretion of the nurse and based on symptom presentation. Families can rest assured that hospice staff is on-call 24 hours a day seven days a week.