Spine, Neck & Back Care
If you’re among the 80 percent of Americans who experience back or neck pain, turn to Palos Health for relief in Chicago's southwest suburbs. Your physician* will likely encourage your body’s natural healing process to ease discomfort with as little medical intervention as possible. But in the event you need surgery, orthopaedic surgeons on the Medical Staff are available.
Common Back Conditions
Because the bones and muscles in your back help support the rest of your body, back problems can trigger pain elsewhere. Improve your overall health when you get care at Palos for spine and back conditions such as:
- Degenerative disc disease – Wear and tear on spinal vertebrae
- Fractured vertebrae – Broken discs
- Herniated discs – Vertebrae that have slipped out of place, putting painful pressure on nerves
- Sciatica – Nerve pain in your lower back and leg resulting from slipped discs, spinal stenosis or another spinal condition
- Scoliosis – Abnormally curved spine
- Spinal arthritis – Breakdown of cartilage between discs
- Spinal stenosis – Narrowed spinal column that presses on nerves, causing pain
- Spondylolisthesis – Vertebra that slides forward over the bone beneath it
Comprehensive Care for Your Spine
Your back and neck include a vast, complex network of bones, nerves, cartilage, ligaments and muscles. So when your back aches, it may be time to consult an orthopaedic surgeon.
If you experience pain that impacts your quality of life and doesn’t respond to conservative treatment, your doctor may recommend surgery.
Before surgery, complete our pre-operative class. You’ll go step by step through the process of preparing for surgery, learn what you can expect during the procedure and get an early look at the simple exercises you’ll practice as part of your rehabilitation.
At Palos, we’re your partner in treating your pain and helping you attain optimal health as quickly and safely as possible.
*The physicians mentioned or listed on this website, while having admitting privileges, are not employees or agents of Palos Health, unless stated otherwise.