Vascular Services & Treatments
From screening evaluations and diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation, you’ll find everything you need for complete vascular care at Palos Health in Chicago's Southwest Suburbs.
Advanced Care for Veins & Arteries
When you choose Palos, you’re assured of receiving the most effective and least invasive vascular services and treatments that deliver the best results. From assessment with vascular ultrasound to interventional radiology and our hybrid OR, our minimally invasive services and treatments provide exceptional outcomes while focused on your safety and comfort. Many of our procedures use only tiny incisions to insert devices such as catheters, laparoscopes or endoscopes, which means you’ll experience less pain, less scarring and faster recovery.
Comprehensive Evaluation with Vascular Ultrasound
Beginning with our non-invasive vascular ultrasound examination, also known as a duplex study, you’ll receive a thorough evaluation of the blood circulation in your arms and legs, so we have the most complete information possible to deliver an accurate diagnosis. Vascular ultrasound tests and procedures at Palos include:
- Aorta/inferior vena cava
- Carotid artery Doppler evaluation
- Hepatic/portal vein
- Lower extremity artery evaluation
- Lower extremity venous Doppler evaluation
- Renal artery/vein evaluation
- Upper extremity artery evaluation
- Upper extremity venous Doppler evaluation
Expert Vascular Services & Treatments at Palos
At Palos, you have access to nearly every vascular procedure, including complex minimally invasive and open techniques for arteries—services that are only available from highly qualified medical professionals using advanced technology—which is exactly what you’d expect from our multiple board-certified vascular surgeons. Most of the minimally invasive procedures take place in the hybrid surgical suite. This specialized suite brings the latest in imaging technology into the operating room providing numerous advantages to the patient including improved safety and better outcomes.
Procedures available at Palos for vascular health include:
- Carotid endarterectomy for stroke, TIA (transient ischemic attack) or CVA (cerebrovascular accident)
- Endarterectomy or bypass procedures to treat the full range of conditions in arteries and veins of the lower extremities
- Popliteal artery aneurysm repair (endovascular, open) for knee joints and leg muscles
- Balloon angioplasty, stents and atherectomy to treat leg pain or to save limbs associated with peripheral vascular/artery disease (PVD/PAD)
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) for thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Traditional open aortic aneurysm repair
- Percutaneous venous thrombectomy interventional technique to treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) without surgery
- Treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome
- Creation of access for hemodialysis
Medically Supervised Rehabilitation
At Palos, you also have access to our extensive, medically supervised cardiac rehabilitation program to help you get back to the life you love as quickly and safely as possible.
What’s your best first step to healthy veins and arteries? Preventing heart and vascular disease before it starts!
Contact Palos for Expert Vascular Care
Take good care of your veins and arteries with the help of our expert cardiovascular team. Call 708.226.2300 to find a vascular specialist, schedule a consultation or learn more about heart and vascular care at Palos Health.