Breast Health Patient Navigator
An integral part of your health care team
Debbie Vondrak and Lisa Gravitt,
Palos breast health navigators
At Palos Health, we know your well-being and peace of mind are just as important as your physical health. That's why Palos offers the assistance of certified breast health patient navigators to all patients who require breast procedures. These specially trained breast health professionals help educate you and advocate for you and your family during evaluation, treatment and recovery from your condition.
For questions about this program or to speak with a breast health navigator call 708.923.4900.
What Does a Breast Health Patient Navigator Do?
Once an abnormality is detected in your breasts, a breast navigator will partner with you to:
- Educate you on conditions and diseases of the breast
- Explain tests and procedures, including diagnostic imaging and biopsies
- Help you navigate the health care system throughout your care
- Explain treatment options, surgery preparation, radiation and chemotherapy
- Assist you in making informed decisions about your care
- Coordinate appointments with medical team members and facilitate communication with physicians
- Help you schedule follow-up care
- Identify appropriate social services in your area, including local resources and support groups
- Support you and your family throughout the process
Meet a Palos Breast Health Patient Navigator
A Safety Net When You Need It Most
Patients who have the support of a breast health patient navigator are better able to focus on healing because they’re not left wondering about next steps. More importantly, they take comfort in knowing they’re not alone and that an advocate is there to help guide them every step of the way.