Amenities and Services for Patients and Visitors
At Palos Hospital, we realize no one ever wants to be sick or in the hospital. We endeavor to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. We also have taken steps to make visiting your loved one easier with increased comfort and extended visiting hours.
Dining Services are available at set times based on patient units. Our menu features daily specials for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Any modifications to the specials of the day can be made by calling Nutrition Services at 4130 before specified mealtimes: Breakfast 7 a.m., Lunch 10 a.m., and Dinner 3 p.m.
If you have dietary limitations due to concerns about cardiovascular wellness or diabetes, we offer a Diabetes & Heart Healthy Menu.
Diabetes & Heart Healthy Menu
Care Cart Service
Palos Hospital offers courtesy transportation assistance to visitors and patients with mobility issues who have a first floor destination within Palos Hospital.
The electric-powered Care Cart aids visitors seeking ease in access to the St. George and Hospitaller Pavilion elevators as well as the Emergency Department and all points in between, including the Cath Lab, Women’s Center, Radiology and CardioPulmonary.
The Care Cart is operated by our Volunteer and Patient Access departments. To request Care Cart assistance upon your arrival at the hospital, talk with a staff member at the main lobby information desk or call extension 8632 from within the hospital.
This service is available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Because of the harmful effects associated with smoking and safety issues, Palos provides a smoke-free environment. Smoking and vaping are prohibited on campus.
Palos Hospital has chaplains or pastoral associates who visit patients on request. If you would like to talk to a chaplain or pastoral associate, ask your nurse to call Pastoral Care at 708.923.4029.
Palos Hospital is committed to making your stay a safe experience. We ask that patients follow these guidelines:
- Use your call light whenever you need assistance. Ask the nurse if you can get out of bed without help. Call, don't fall.
- Use the bathroom call light if you become weak or need assistance.
- Keep the side rails of your bed raised for safety.
- Wear slippers or shoes with non-skid soles while walking. Ask your nurse for slip-resistant footwear if needed.
- Wear a robe that ties or snaps. Those you step into may cause you to fall.
- Keep adjustable beds in the low position.
- Inform the nursing staff if a spill occurs.
- Alert the nursing staff to any special needs they should be aware of, such as frequent trips to the bathroom, getting up during the night or difficulty seeing clearly.
Amenities for Visitors
At Palos, it is important to us that patients and visitors experience quality care and excellent customer service, in a healing and caring environment.
Visitors can access the Woodland Café off the main corridor of the St. George Pavilion. The cafeteria is open to visitors from 6:30 to 10 a.m. and 1:00 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 to 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends.
Please note the following guidelines for dining in the café:
- Mask wearing is required in the serving area
- Social distancing must be maintained in the dining area
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the café and dining room. Please use it regularly during your visit.
Guests and family members may order off of our Dining Services menu for a small fee. Meals will be delivered to patient rooms during set meal times. Please call 4130 to place your order. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or cash.
Vending machines are available throughout the hospital.
The chapel is located adjacent to the Main Lobby of the Hospitaller Pavilion and is always open. For more information or to talk to a Chaplain or Pastoral Associate, call 708.923.4029.